Sunday, August 23, 2009

waiting for autumn

This may sound odd, but I'm completely psyched about the approach of autumn. Fall is my favorite time of year. I love the explosion of colors as the leaves start to turn. The brisk air, the thick sweaters, the chunky yarn that is extra-popular during the fall months. Curling up with a blanket and thick socks, reading a good classic (right now I'm reading Stoker's Dracula because for some reason in my mind, I associate it with autumn). I even rushed to complete one of my crochet projects today so it would be ready for the cooler air (it's a super chunky wrap).

So I'm ignoring the fact that it's still reaching 90 degrees almost every day. I'm itching for the cooler weather. It's just something about that time of year that makes me feel closer to God. Maybe it's because I love the season so much that I feel closer to nature/creation, and therefore, God. Or I love big, bulky sweaters, and being more comfortable with myself helps me to be more comfortable in general.

Regardless of the reason, I'm looking forward to this next "season" in my life.

No comments: