Monday, August 10, 2009

difference

Sometimes God will use the oddest things to get my attention. Recently, He used hip hop lyrics. My husband bought Lecrea's (a Christian rap/hip hop artist) CD, Rebel. Listening to it on the way home from the local Christian bookstore, one verse from the song "Go Hard" stabbed me deeply:

If you didn't know Christ would ya life look the same
Can they tell you value Jesus by the way you rep his name?


I couldn't help but wondering if my life would really look any different if I weren't a Christian. I've always been the "good girl", so I'm not sure how different my morals really would have been. What am I doing for the Lord that is beyond myself? Am I moving beyond myself towards Christ? Or am I content just living life as is, missing out on the "full" life that He intended for me (John 10:10).

So my prayer for this week is not to be content in where I am in relation to God. I want to move closer to Him, and I'm going to trust Him to pull me towards Himself.

No comments: