Tuesday, January 20, 2009

the 44th

Today, for the first time, I actually watched a presidential inauguration. Though I did not vote for our new president, and I do not agree with almost all of his social policies, I couldn't help feeling extremely proud of our country as I watched our first African American president be sworn in. President Obama's speech was stirring; now it is time for him to prove to this country he means business. I can only hope that it was not just a politician's pretty words, but a man's dream.

Not so inspiring was Dr. Rick Warren's invocation. I was expecting something more powerful, but he seemed to ramble. I've never read any of his books, but since he is so vastly popular in Christian circles, I thought he would be an exceptional orator. Not that I'm necessarily trying to criticize. It just wasn't what I was expecting from America's top Christian leader (as I heard him referred as a few weeks ago).

But for now, I can only continue to prayer for continued wisdom and protection for our President. We've been told its time for a change. Let's see what this change brings...

No comments: