Saturday, November 28, 2009

season of advent

Tomorrow is the first day of Advent, and this will also be the first time my husband and I "celebrate" the advent season. I've found that the past few years that Christmas has come and gone with me barely giving a nod of acknowledgment as to the "reason for the season". With all the shopping and family functions and eating to be done, I've been missing out on the spiritual depth and beauty of this time of year.

So, we've bought an advent candle holder (had to order it off the internet...all the ones in the local Christian books stores were...well, ugly). My husband has baked some fresh bread and bought a bottle of wine so we can celebrate communion (is that naughty?). And I'm going to try to focus in and not get myself so distracted with the mad rush of the holidays.

No comments: