Sunday, March 29, 2009

insights

My husband and I had an amazing time in Kyoto, Japan this past week. The trip really opened our eyes to the possibilities of mission work. Stefan has always been interested in missions since I've known him. I've always told myself and others that I supported his decision for our family to possibly engage in full time missions work, but I've always held back a part of my heart, secretly hoping that it just wouldn't happen. After all, I would have to leave my comfort zone of the area I grew up in and my family behind...a very daunting idea. But I really loved Kyoto. And not only that, but God revealed His heart to me about the Japanese people. The shrines and temples that dotted the city were so beautiful and serene, but it was also saddening to watch the people with their rituals. They work hard to please the fates/gods by trying to follow the right steps and the right motions. It reminded me of just how much freedom I have in Christ.

No comments: